It's Time to Become a Heavy Sleeper
The Kakun Weighted Blanket is a revelation for those experiencing interrupted or inconsistent sleep. Using the power of Deep Pressure Stimulation (DPS), which delivers a light hugging sensation that releases beneficial hormones in the brain, the Kakun Weighted Blanket can help you discover improved sleep and a general feeling of serenity. Whether you experience anxiety, stress, insomnia, sensory issues like autism spectrum or ADHD, or even if you just have trouble quieting your mind at bedtime, the healing touch of a weighted blanket may be exactly what you need to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Made from breathable, 100% organic cotton and food grade pellet weights, the Kakun Weighted Blanket is available in a variety of weights to suit your needs, and works in tandem with your existing bedding. Just slip it under or over your current comforter, duvet, or blanket then slip off into dreamland.
- Made using four layers of undyed, quilted, GOTS Certified organic cotton
- Contains food grade, BPA-free, 1/8", plastic pellets for consistent coverage from head to toe
- Machine washable
- Made in Canada
- Kakun Weighted Blankets can help mitigate sleep disruptions resulting from: tossing and turning, stress, anxiety, depression, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Consult your doctor before purchasing a weighted blanket for a child that weighs less than 50 lbs, or if you suffer from: chronic respiratory conditions, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and obstructive sleep apnea; claustrophobia; or diabetes or other circulatory conditions.
- Since weighted blankets should be sized according to individual body weight, we do not recommend sharing a blanket.
- Weighted blankets are not intended to be used as a warming layer. For cooler bedroom temperatures, use your weighted blanket on top of or beneath your existing warm and cozy comforter, duvet, or blanket. A heavier weighted blanket is not an effective way to sleep warmer—please choose the blanket that corresponds to your body weight.
The Kakun Weighted Blanket is machine washable. Weighted blankets up to 15 lbs can be laundered in your home washer and dryer. For heavier blankets (20-25 lbs), we recommended you utilize an extra capacity commercial machine (such as those found in laundromats) for best results. Use warm water for washing and medium heat for drying. Spot clean by running cool water through the area of focus and draping or hanging your blanket to dry. Please do not use bleach as it will compromise the fabric. Do not dry clean as dry cleaning involves the use of chemicals and intense heat, which may compromise the organic cotton fabric.
To choose the proper weight for your weighted blanket, calculate 10% of your body weight and round up or down by up to two pounds.
4-6 lb 30" x 45" for 30 to 50 lb Body Weights
7-11 lb 38" x 58” for 60 lb to 100 lb Body Weights
12-17 lb 42" x 66" for 100 lb to 160 lb Body Weights
18-25 lb 42" x 76" for 170 lb to 240 lb Body Weights